Tuesday, June 23, 2009

To be or not to be...

To be like Jesus or not...to live life like he did or not...what do you base your life on? God and his word, Jesus and his example, or slights and offenses here on earth from people?

People are not perfect, far from it. We can not go through life without being hurt or offended along the way. How we react in those situations shows what is in our heart. If we are in Christ, we are supposed to be dead to this world, dead to our old person...a dead person do not get offended...

We are supposed to show God's love to all around us, even the ones who offends us or hurts us. A lot have happened in my life, I have basically lost everything I had, home, workplace, all my things, cars, everything. Almost lost my children, and my husband was taken away for a long time. Could this have been handled differently? Absolutely! Will this crush me and my family? Absolutely not!

God gives strength for everything that happens to  you. And how you react shows what is in your heart. In all that has happened, I have not lied, and I know I can walk with my head held high, I have done nothing wrong. And God is blessing me abundantly every day. So I had to quit my job...well, they did not want me to leave, so they offered me to work remotely (from another state) and almost doubled my pay in the process, just to make me stay on. What a blessing!

I have gotten to know who are friends that will stay with me no matter what, and which ones will turn their back...I have seen my children learn that you love no matter what, you forgive no matter what, and you do not turn to revenge...I have seen my children grow in their faith and come to love God more.

So the question I have for you today: Have you made anyone homesick for heaven today? Have you shown anyone with your life the love of God? Forgiveness, Love, and Mercy. Are those traits in your life?

 Or is everything you do based on revenge, justified with feelings that if someone hurt you, you have the right to pay back. I feel pity on any person who lives like that. What a meager, pitiful life. May God have mercy on their souls.

Whatever happens in my life, wherever I end up, whatever I do, I will do it all for the glory of God.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment