Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Global warming? I don't think so...


Global warming has not reached Oklahoma. We missed that memo, and now we are all freezing cold because of it...It is April, come on! We are supposed to be able to wear shorts and flip flops, not scarves and winter coats!! I so long for warmer weather!


Work has slowed down a bit, which is nice, but I had gotten into a routine, and now I have so much free time...not good. What should I do? Organize things? Clean my desk? Go cockroach hunting? Yes, we have those here at work, and not the small kind. The ones I've seen here are bigger than any of the ones I saw in Russia! Huge! I don't like them at all.


A friend of mine told me yesterday that peace from God is not a feeling but a decision, a lifestyle. God has promised us peace in all thing, and we decide to believe that or not. We can be affected by things happening and people doing things, but how do we react to all this? Do we start whining and complaining, or do we say "circumstances do not rule me, I know who I am and what I have in Jesus christ".


When the world squeezes you, what comes out of your heart? When the storm is raging around you, do you sit in the boat next to Jesus trusting him to still the waters? Do you dare take a step of faith like Peter, step out of the boat and into the storm? Jesus is there to lift you up. Even if you can't see the other side of the ocean right now, it is there, and if Jesus is the captain of your boat, you can be sure to reach your destination.


Have peace!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment